We also have a state of the art Resourced Provision with 20 places for children with learning difficulties. For more information on Resourced Provision please click here.
We currently have 335 children on roll. Reception entry – most of our children come into our Reception from Parklands Childrens Centre. However, we do of course welcome children who are new to the area or who have been with child minders or private child care providers. We have invested our Pupil Premium money to reduce our class sizes to around 20.
This change has had a great effect upon the children’s attainment since it was implemented in 2015. Please ring or call into school if you would like to get your child into our school. As we are a school of choice now, it may be that we have to put your child’s name on our waiting list.
Ethos and Aims
Can do learners, positive futures.
At our school we are committed to:
- The safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and adults
- Enabling every child to make good progress with all aspects of their learning so that they can succeed and find their talents
- Creating independent, life-long learners who embrace challenge and love their learning
Our Aims – CHASE
We are an extremely inclusive school. We actively seek to remove the barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude individual children, or groups of children. This means that equality of opportunity and high expectations must be a reality for our children.
- To be an inclusive school where everyone can contribute
- To ensure that all children are given equal opportunities
- To enable parents, carers and the wider community to be partners in the aims of the school
- To provide for children’s health and safety
- To provide for children’s physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development
- To help children make wise decisions about their own well being
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs, as well as their talents
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum
- To present interesting, exciting and imaginative opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play
- To teach basic skills and core subjects well
- To place emphasis on the foundation subjects and RE
- To encourage creativity through art, poetry, story, dance, music and performance
- To develop links between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment
- To be a safe place where children are free from any kind of exploitation or discrimination
- To provide stability and security
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright, lively and happy place where learners feel secure
- To be a place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up
- To make school a place where all pupils can enjoy and celebrate success
Targets for all our learners:
Well taught and supported to learn in an environment and ethos which supports learners and learning
- Successful with a desire to learn and a love of learning-they know their strengths and learn from their mistakes
- Ready and able to learn through good attendance/mentally, emotionally and physically fit
- Hooked into learning
Our learners will be:
- ICT confident
- Thinkers and problem solvers
- Every learner has life chances
- Every learner has ambition
- Every learner has a future in education; training and employment
- Every learner has at least one talent and plenty of successes
The School Profile provides information about the school’s performance and its broader achievements.
Each profile contains the following information:
- The school’s successes
- Details of extra curricular activities
- Health and safety information
- The school’s response to the latest Ofsted report